Last year Stella and I hosted our first ever Wine night. It was such a hit we plan on hosting it again! The rules… bring two bottles of your favorite wine along with an appetizer or dessert to share. Mmmm, the food was amazing and so was the wine. My sister brought Corn Mac for the group to share and let me tell you this knocked my socks off. By the end of the night, there was none left to be had, the same can also be said for the wine.
This dish is creamy and delicious and filling. Not to mention pretty easy to throw together. Recognize a theme lately? Easy peasy is how we roll. So this past weekend we hosted a pumpkin carving night with you guessed it, Corn Mac. The recipe overall takes about 8 minutes to prep and 45 minutes to cook, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Elbow Noodles – 2 Cups – I use Barilla Gluten Free Pasta
- Sweet Corn – 2 Cans
- Cream Style Corn – 2 Cans
- Butter – 2 Sticks – Melted
- Velveeta Cheese – 16 oz Cubed
- Non-stick cooking spray
The first time I tried this recipe it was Gluten Free. The first time I made it on my own it was not Gluten Free. The recipe below was made Gluten Free. Now I will tell you, either way, it is amazing. Typically I wouldn’t recommend Gluten Free noodles, I pretty much think they suck to cook with unless you babysit them to make sure they don’t get overcooked and turn to mush. But with this recipe you have no worries of the noodles turning to mush.
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees
- Spray a 3 Qt glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- I use:
- I love the lid on this dish. Makes storing leftovers (if there are any) in the fridge really easy. Also, makes transportation mess free.
- Add all ingredients to dish and stir.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
To keep my counters clean I use this Blue Ceramic Mason Jar Spoon Rest by World Market, I think they are super cute.
To see more recipes from Stella and Jay click here: Recipes
-Stella & Jay