I have never been a chili fan. It was just not something we ate growing up so I had little experience with it. It’s taken my years to like beans in things like cowboy caviar, in chili, even Chipotle ( I still refuse to add beans to my bowl/burrito). However, a few years ago my sister Sarah introduced me to Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Chili. A-FREAKING-MAZING! This dish is by far my absolute favorite that I have ever eaten, made, written about, talked about, passed on, and I even submitted it to our annual Chile Cook off at work. It took 2nd place two years in a row. I can only assume it only took 2nd because it was the only non-traditional chili in the contest. I know, never assume, BUT in my defense this is so amazing there is no other explanation.
- Chicken – 1 lbs
- Onion – 1 Large
- Chicken Broth – 4 cups
- Black Beans
- Chile Beans
- Raspberry Chipotle Sauce I use Fischer & Wieser Or you could use Bronco Bobs for more heat. I prefer HEAT.
- Roasted Red Peppers – 1 Jar w/ juice
- Onion – 1 Large
This really is a seriously easy dish to make. When I was given the directions from my sister she recommended sauteing the carrots and the celery in a little butter before adding to the crock pot. In the past I have never done this and did not run into any issues with my vegetables not being cooked enough. This time around I did not cook my ingredients for the full 8 hours on low, which resulted in my carrots not as done as I would have liked. So if you have the time to leave the chili in the crock pot for the allotted time I would not stress about sauteing the carrots and celery.
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Cover chicken with beans, corn, onion, celery, and carrots.
- Pour the Raspberry Sauce over the ingredients.
- Pour Chicken Broth over all ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8 ours or high for 4 hours.
- Pull the chicken breast out and shred.
- Add chicken back to crock pot.
Don’t forget to line your crock pot. I use these Extra Large Slow Cooker Liners Fits Up To 7-8 Quart Crock Pots 40 Ct
Also for more easy clean up I use these Blue Ceramic Mason Jar Spoon Rest by World Market
To see more recipes from Stella and Jay click here: Recipes
-Stella & Jay