In our house, the faster we can make/plan/throw together a meal the better. A few years ago I was looking for a really good shredded chicken recipe. I have always been real sketchy about meat in general. It took me until about a year ago to even be able to bake chicken that tasted good.
A few years ago I came across a few different crockpot shredded chicken recipes and I combined them to come up with the perfect shredded chicken. And let me tell you how easy this is. In the past I would make it and then freeze the meat in cup size portions. Then when I was hungry I would use the meat in various different lunches/dinners. Stella begs for me to make this. She loves to make different kinds of lettuce wraps.
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
- Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken Quesadillas
- Addition to pasta sides like Alfredo or Teriyaki
- Lettuce Wraps
- The possibilities are endless.
- Chicken Breast – 4
- Garlic Powder – 1 Tsp
- Onion Powder – 1 Tsp
- Oregano – 1 Tsp
- Salt – 1 Tsp
- Pepper – 1/2 Tsp
- Chicken Stock – 3/4 Cup
- Layer chicken in the crockpot, I like to use crockpot liners for easy clean up.
- Sprinkle all seasoning over chicken.
- Pour Chicken Stock over meat.
- Set crock pot to high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Shred and enjoy!
Don’t forget to line your crock pot, I use these Extra Large Slow Cooker Liners Fits Up To 7-8 Quart Crock Pots 40 Ct
To see more recipes from Stella and Jay click here: Recipes
-Stella & Jay