So this morning I decided I really wanted to get back on to the Keto train. So while I am sitting here trying to work on another post, I decided to attempt my hand at Keto Hot Pockets from the Keto Diet App. The ingredient list was everything I had on hand and the recipe itself seemed fairly simple. I have tried my hand with different versions of low carb dough in the past, I can never seem to get a good consistency. Stella really loved when I made Fat Head Dough Pizza Fries so I decided to give it a go here.
So here I am with all the ingredients:
- 2 Scrambled Eggs
- Mozzarella Cheese 3/4 c
- Almond Flour (I used Coconut Flour) 1/3 c
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees, Cook 15 minutes
Directions as I understood them…
Heat the cheese in the microwave or a nonstick pot on the stove. Once cheese is melted stir in the flour. I melted the cheese then attempted to slowly add in the coconut flour. Every time I try to make any sort of cheese dough it always seems that it will not absorb the flour. A recent GOOGLE search showed that you should add the flour with the cheese prior to melting.. I am not sure how effective that is but hey, maybe next time I will give that a try.
I do not own a rolling pin so I used a bottle of wine to roll out the dough. I really feel I could have gotten it much thinner and that I would have had more dough to work with when it came time to wrapping the eggs and bacon up. I may need to invest in a rolling pin.
I did score the dough to release any steam generated while cooking.
Tossed in the oven on parchment paper over a baking stone for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Heat the mozzarella in a microwaves safe bowl for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave.
- Add Flour.
- Move dough to parchment paper.
- Cover with addition parchment paper.
- Roll dough as thin as possible.
- Reheat if the dough becomes too hard to manipulate.
- Layer toppings.
- Fold the dough over each side of the toppings.
- Score dough to release steam while cooking.
- Put into the over for 15 minutes at 400 Degrees.
To see more recipes from Stella and Jay click here: Recipes
-Stella & Jay